Not able to open two different sites on two different browsers(Chrome, Edge) | Selenium Forum
A
Ankit Jain Posted on 08/08/2021

I tried to open two diferent sites on two different browsers (Chrome, Edge). Only Chrome browser opens and site gets loaded on chrome browser. I set the path of driver exe in environment variables.

Have a look at below screenshot of eclipse and let me know what is the issue.

Error message : java.lang.IllegalStateException: The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.edge.driver system property; for more information, see https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/MicrosoftWebDriver. The latest version can be downloaded from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=619687

In day 2 of training you said that we dont have to use System.setProperty() everytime if set the path of browser exe in environment variables.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 11/08/2021

I think yu do not have the correct msedgedriver.exe at the requeired path

A
Ankit Jain Replied on 11/08/2021

msedgedriver.exe is correct. there is no issue in that. Same issue has been faced by others as well.

Below is the issue faced by Harshad which is same as I am facing.

Harshad W Posted on 12/09/2020

Hi,

I am not able to launch the Edge browser using the Environment variables. The error says,

"The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.edge.driver system property" Chrome and FF don't throw any errors. 

However, if I launch it using,

System.setProperty("webdriver.edge.driver","D:/drivers/msedgedriver.exe");

it gets launched without any issues. What is the reason behind this? I am using the following versions of Edge and EdgeDriver:

Edge Version 85.0.564.51

Edge driver x64 Version: 85.0.564.51 

I am using Win 8.1 x 64 bit machine. 

Thanks,

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 16/08/2021

Hope its only at a single path location

I had seen once someone had 2 different versions of exe at different paths and both the paths were in evn variables

Related Posts