Hybrid Framework Issues | Selenium Forum
P
Preetinder Virk Posted on 21/02/2020

Hi,

I am studying Hybrid Frameworks Module 22 part 5 and have below clarifications to be addressed:

1. Whats the Logic of the Driver Script? I mean if we have Test Suite xlsx with 3 sub-tests/TSIDs (only 1 has Runmode Y) and 3 Test Cases xlsxs with 3 tests each, each test step sheet has say Runmode Y for valid keywords data and Runmode N for invalid keywords, then inside each Testdataset there are those test steps listed with Y and N runmodes. 

Now is the logic that only tests with valid keywords return Pass and others Skip? Because for me even if I have invalid keyword with Runmode N in Test steps sheet then in Result column in Testdataset Pass is printed after execution.

Here is link to images: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUOgvP2cqAKfU3pNOVjF4jM6mCEFUL57oxOnGkaOrNo/edit?usp=sharing

Could I be provided with Keywords, Objects and Classes xlsx sheet as in the video? Currently its not available in code. 

Thanks

P
Preetinder Virk Replied on 22/02/2020

Also it would be great to have complete code as in the Videos for module 22 as the logic is different in downloaded code. Otherwise its a pain to jot down each line manually by seeing the video :)

P
Preetinder Virk Replied on 22/02/2020

My code is attached here

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 28/02/2020

As i analyzed your project. It is missing the very basic things. Example, JDK library. POM.xml Content.

I would suggest you to start watching the videos again carefully and then try working with the frameworks.

A

Driver script allows us to achieve two major things.

1. Reusability of code.

2. better execution of keywords.

The code is different in the downloaded code is because of the need for few more features in the project. The code you are downloading is the final version of the code.

So, i would suggest you to watch the video carefully and refer the code being written there.

A

Please ignore the first reply.

P
Preetinder Virk Replied on 28/02/2020

As I mentioned in another post referring to/writing code displayed in video is very difficult as the screen changes very often while the instructor is explaining. Also downloaded final version of code does not include the 2 functions createXLSReport  and executeKeywords. I wanted to script the framework in entriety following a keyword driven, modular approach and export the reports with data fed by functions in DriverScript and XLSReader.

Please look into this. Thanks

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 04/03/2020

You can pause the video to follow the code. As we are not copy pasting anything. In case if we are copy pasting anything, you can lookup for the same in the downloaded code. 

P
Preetinder Virk Replied on 04/03/2020

I had only asked basically to share complete code of Module TRAINING VIDEO - 22 JUNIT AND HYBRID (KEYWORD+DATA) FRAMEWORKwith all dependencies and functions as in video. I was able to get a previous version of the project on Hybrid Framework and it works with JDK 13 too. I don't hence need to re-watch the videos. This post can be closed as my request was not addressed. 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 05/03/2020

Please do not use JDK 13. Use JDK 8 only.

Refer the below document for reference.

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/java-se-support-roadmap.html

Regarding the code,

The final code is already there in the download section. Please re-download the file in case you are facing issues.

Related Posts