Verify window opens after sign in Quirk.com in Framework Junit and Data Module 21 video | Selenium Forum
M
Monal Posted on 09/09/2019

Hello Instructor,

So verify window opens after clicking Login button on Quirk.com; therefore, it kinda fails the sign in process, but as per in the lecture video I am guessing its old which did not had this verify window show up at that time, so do you recommend any other web-site ?

Or Is there a workaround ? or How to tackel that verify window in testing ? 

Please help I feels like at this point I can only watch the video or have to subsitute some other web-site for testing 

Pleas advice 

Thank you,

Monal Modha

M
Monal Replied on 12/09/2019

Hi Instructor,

Any suggestion on my above question ? I also feel like these Framework videos are very really important to understand the concept and best way to consume them is to actually do the coding with the video instruction but due to the restiction of the website I think its time to update these video with new ones or web-sites with less restriction so to continue with the lecture.

-Monal

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 12/09/2019

Please try using some other website. We can not automate captcha's

M
Monal Replied on 13/09/2019

Hello Instructor,

I was kind a afraid of that answer where captcha's can not be automated, but I guess its is waht its is, thanks for quick response. I will try to find something similar or if know some web-site with similar process please share the link...

Moreover, by the way I am curious in the work places where captcha's are used for their production web-sites, so how do testers deals with that situation?

1) Do they turn captcha's off while they do automation test creating from some config file ?

2) Do they only perfom manual testing ?

3) What do they do ? I have not faced such situation in my work carrier so just curious what do the testers do ?

Thanks 

Monal

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 13/09/2019

Please find the answers below.

1. Yes, they do turn off captcha sometimes or the developers share the logic they're using for captcha verification. (In case of Automation)

2. They perform manual testing if the above options are not feasible.

M
Monal Replied on 14/09/2019

Thanks for the explanation.

Please close this query...

Monal