Selenium is very Unstable- Not getting confidence | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 25/10/2015
Hi Ashish,

I saw the videos of selenium and I am able to clear the interview but then also I am not joining because of lack of confidence

Reason
1) A simple perfect test case of login do not work many times . While preparing frame work you just create 3 to 4 testcases and I also create those test cases in a same way as you create but when we run sometimes it works and manytimesit do not work. So how can we will handle more than 1000 test cases if our just 3 perfect coded test cases do not run.

2)I am not having confidence in reporting part. Sometimes u use Errorutil.addverfiication failure, sometime try ,catch without Errorutil.addverification failure

3) Since our test case hardly work even if we coded perfectly so it becomes difficult to handle Grid.

I become very frustrated. A single test case takes about 2 days to code and after that it works sometimes and it do not work. I use all the utility functions like isElementPresent, isElementdisplayed, waitandclick but then also it do not work

Most important question out of all the above 3 is question 1. Please try to help that how u guys handle 1000 of test cases

M
Replied on 26/10/2015

it takes time to automate tests don't worry keep on practicing.

and you alone won't be making the 1000 test cases there will be a team there with you.

M
Replied on 26/10/2015

Hi

I am practising from last 1.5 years and I am practicing it sincerely from last 1.5 years but then also I am not getting confidence because
when I use my simple login test with framework it sometimes work and sometimes do not work

If you say that you have to practice Selenium Grid so that you will get confidence then I can understand but if my test case will sometime work and
sometime not work then how could I get confidence

I got the job with good package but since I am not having confidence so I am not joining

Please suggest me that what should I do so that my test will run atleast 8 out of 10 times

M
Replied on 26/10/2015

confidence will be when you work in real world. my advice join the company and start working in real world scenario. and there will be team there for project.

M
Replied on 26/10/2015

The company in which I got the job has only 1 automation tester and in that company they said that there are abt 3000 test cases and they already automated 1200 test cases.

How can I join such a company in which there is only tester and I have to automate all the test cases by understanding the framework which is already there

I am scared of joining such a company. I want to make my weak point strong and want to build confidence so thats why I asked can this query so that you can help me to understand how 1000 of test cases runs when selenium is so much unstable

M
Replied on 26/10/2015

[quote:1b6pdk2x]how 1000 of test cases runs when selenium is so much unstable[/quote:1b6pdk2x]

its not that difficult once you get the hang of it. in the beginning problem occurs when you are starting a new project because of configuration problem.