Project Issue Running Through Maven Test in Jenkins | Selenium Forum
Y
youralok Posted on 30/05/2019

When I am trying to build the Maven project in Jenkins, I get error. I tried to update pom.xml and other troubleshooting steps, but it do not help me to resolve the issue.

Here is the error:

Started by user Alok Agarwal
Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\ShreeTest_30May2019
Parsing POMs
ERROR: Failed to parse POMs
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Malformed POM C:\Users\aagarwal\OneDrive - Metrixlab US\Desktop\AutomationFramework_2019\Shree_Automate_Feb2019\src\test\resources\ProductionDashboard.xml: Unknown attribute 'name' for tag 'project' (position: START_TAG seen ...testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd" >\r\n<project name="ProductionDashboard">... @2:37)  @ C:\Users\aagarwal\OneDrive - Metrixlab US\Desktop\AutomationFramework_2019\Shree_Automate_Feb2019\src\test\resources\ProductionDashboard.xml, line 2, column 37
[FATAL] 'groupId' is missing. @ line 2, column 37
[FATAL] 'artifactId' is missing. @ line 2, column 37
[FATAL] 'version' is missing. @ line 2, column 37

at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:364)
	at hudson.maven.MavenEmbedder.buildProjects(MavenEmbedder.java:361)
	at hudson.maven.MavenEmbedder.readProjects(MavenEmbedder.java:331)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$PomParser.invoke(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1328)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$PomParser.invoke(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:1125)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:1075)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:1058)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.parsePoms(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:986)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild$MavenModuleSetBuildExecution.doRun(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:691)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:504)
	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1816)
	at hudson.maven.MavenModuleSetBuild.run(MavenModuleSetBuild.java:543)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)
Finished: FAILURE

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 30/05/2019

Did you copy POM.xml from some other project?

Y
youralok Replied on 30/05/2019

No, I did not copy it from anywhere. With same project configuration, tests are running fine with individually testcase.class file and testng.xls file as well.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 30/05/2019

Please share your project in a compressed zip file.

Y
youralok Replied on 04/06/2019

Is it safe to do so?

I have some login credentials for our applications.

Maybe, please specify which files or folders you want, so that I can send only those.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 04/06/2019

we need to analyze your project before suggesting anything.

Y
youralok Replied on 11/06/2019

I am unable to attach the zip file sized 16mb. How to do it?

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 12/06/2019

Share the screenshot of the error code you're seeing on your screen for uploading the file.

Alternatively, share the file using OneDrive or GoogleDrive

Y
youralok Replied on 24/07/2019

Please access the zip file at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k-uw12KSJzU448uZllxpiO32pQq5xP9a.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 25/07/2019

The answer would be provided in the other post as it is an issue dependent on that issue.

Hence closing this post.

Once that issue is resolved and you're still facing issues with Jenkins, please raise a new post at that time.