Interview question- Assignment of designing the Frame work | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 29/04/2016
Hi Friends,

Recently , I have attended an interview with some company & I was given an assignment for designing the automation frame work using Page Factory.When I run the test suite ,the test cases are not running.Please,help me.

The aim is to test the test the Google calendar.The problem statement is as follows:

Problem Statement:

The problem is to test the Google Calendar Settings page and its downstream impact (calendar page and the event scheduling pages) due to the change in the following settings.

Specifically:
- the change to the time format
- the starting day of the week change (Sunday to Monday or Saturday)
- enabling speedy meeting (duration set to 50mins with the start time on a hourly or 30min boundary)
- change in meeting length. (default duration and its repercussions)

For example, in case you change the meeting length duration, you need to test this option in the settings page. In addition, you need to also test the "Create event" page where the start time and end time are set with the gap of the minimum duration.

you need to document the test cases and have them run on the language of preference and have it work with Selenium.

.Do let me know if you have any queries?

As the file size of work space was very big,I was not able to attach it to the mail.So,I have kept it in Google Drive & I am sending the corresponding link.Please, download the automation project and import into your work bench.The Google Drive link is :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B51aKTisB5l5VnFaWW45MXctVWM/view?ts=5716f588

---------

Note :- 1.I have designed the frame work using Page Factory ,WebDriver and TestNG.Created separate package for all the Page Objects(com.jifflenow.pageobjects)
2.I have drafted all the possible Test Cases in the attached xl sheet .It contains 16 test cases in total (TC001 to TC016.).Out of which ,9 test cases(TC008-TC016) are automated,as per the instructions in the mail.
3.I have kept all the automated tests in one file(VerifyNewSettings.java),which is a TestNG class.We can still improve the scripts by writing seperate TestNG class for each Test.
4.I have created test suite ,jiffleTestSuite.xml which can be used for running the tests.(Using Run ----- firefox.exe -p....).Please ,see the attached snapshot.
5.Note that I have created seperate Firefox profile , jiffleFirefoxProfile .You have to create it on the system,where you run the tests.

With Best Regards,
Jagan Mohan Reddy P.
Cell:+91-9686275166(Bangalore) : Skype id. jagan873

M
Replied on 30/04/2016

how can we help you?