How to execute the cucumber feature files more than one time | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 28/11/2016
we developed the cucumber scripts as per data driven model. we want to run the feature files based on the rows in the XL sheet. so,how execute the feature files more than one time.

my question is ,it is possible to run the feature files more than one time ? pls let me know.

M
Replied on 29/11/2016

I also have the similar query.
I am preparing a cucumber BDD framework as described in Module-24 & 25. Instead of using "Examples:" tag in feature file, I need to take input from excel file. Is there any way that I can do this ? Is there a way that I can take input from excel the similar as we do in hybrid framework ?

M
Replied on 30/11/2016

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20754391/how-to-execute-a-cucumber-scenario-feature-multiple-times

M
Replied on 30/11/2016

we implemented data driven model for cucumber frame work. so we are feeding the data through XL sheets , once we complete the first set of data ( first row) for all feature files , we need to execute the second set of data ( second row) for the same feature files .

M
Replied on 02/12/2016

[quote="ramki":1c8jtvy3]we implemented data driven model for cucumber frame work. so we are feeding the data through XL sheets , once we complete the first set of data ( first row) for all feature files , we need to execute the second set of data ( second row) for the same feature files .[/quote:1c8jtvy3]

@Ramki, may I know how did you implemented the data driven model ?
One way I imagine (will implement it soon) is, we provide the test case name in "Examples:" section, and then at the implementing step method, we will take input for that test case from excel file.

Is this something you are implementing, or is there any other way? Please explain so that we can share different possible ideas.

M
Replied on 04/12/2016

@Dhaval Jethava: We implemented method getdata to get the data from XL sheets , based on the columns names using the hash table. So in this way we get the data from XL sheets as per row wise for all feature files . i understand u are saying we can use Examples in GHERKIN script. but we are not passing any data values in GHERKIN SCRIPT.