Firefox bookmarks | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 23/04/2016
I lost all my firefox bookmarks when i followed your steps to create firefox profiling. How to get my bookmarks back?

M
Replied on 23/04/2016

when you created a new profile your default profile must have changed.

open "run">>type "firefox -p">>choose default profile.

M
Replied on 24/04/2016

firefox opened when I typed firefox -p. I dont see any default option.

M
Replied on 25/04/2016

Do you have other suggestion?

M
Replied on 25/04/2016

did you do it like this?

[attachment=1:2sk971tv]Screenshot (79).png[/attachment:2sk971tv]

[attachment=0:2sk971tv]Screenshot (80).png[/attachment:2sk971tv]

Responsive image

M
Replied on 26/04/2016

I did what you did in first screen (typed firefox -p in run window) but i don't see the option to choose user profile like you do in second screen. It just took me directly to open a new firefox window. Do you know why?

M
Replied on 26/04/2016

You can launch firefox profile in different ways. Try the below methods before that i recommend you to close all firefox instances before try the below methods. Check the Task Manager if there is any firefox instance running. If it is running then please close it and try the below commands in run mode(Windows Key + R).

firefox.exe -p
firefox.exe -P
firefox.exe -ProfileManager

If the above methods doesn't work then you have to copy the full path where you have installed your Mozilla Firefox.

If your machine is a 32bit then it will be installed in Program files which means you have to run the command with full path like below:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -P

If your machine is a 64bit then it will be installed in Program Files (x86) which means you have to run the command with full path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -P

Try the above methods and let me know if you are able to launch firefox profile manager.

IMPORTANT: Please close all firefox instances including from task manager before you try the above methods.