Error -Process Fork Failed on executing maven ant run plugin | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 13/03/2016
Hi Ashish,

I have created a Project with Testng framework and maven integration. I need to generate the Xslt reports for the same. For this i have used the plugin for Maven Ant run in my pom.xml file . But when i execute the mvn compile command from command prompt,Error - Process Fork Failed error appears.I have added the .m2 repository as the source of jar files in build .xml as shown in Module no 31. I have tried to google this error and the solution i got was the this is due to the exceeded limit of class path size . So i have also tried to the extract the needed jar files in different folder and also tried after giving path of of that folder. But after that its started giving different errors say -java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.collect.Multimaps.transformValues et

I m not sure what could be the exact reason for this Process Fork failed error which is coming after adding the m2 repository as path for jar files. Please help me to get rid of this. Stuck in this error since long but all in vain. I m attaching the build.xml , pom.xml and snapshot of error in command prompt.

Thanks

M
Replied on 13/03/2016

Ashish,

"Process Fork Failed" error was resolved after deleting m2/repository and "mvn compile".
(It reduced size of downloaded repos under .m2)

Now, process control is going till browser open but browser is not getting opened.(I tried for chrome and IE).

What could be the reason for this?

error snippet: Refer xsltReportViewError.png
This is showing null pointer exception.

Best Regards,
Preeti

Responsive image

M
Replied on 13/03/2016

there seems to be a missing jars.

M
Replied on 13/03/2016

send entire exception stack trace.

M
Replied on 14/03/2016

Hey i was able to Open and execute the tests on Chrome browser and run on chrome after deleting the Google >Collections folder and shifting the source of jar other than maven repository(As m2 folder everytime generates the collection folder after every compile).

But its got stuck at Firefox browser now. Firefox browser launches but it does not navigates to the given site url. "Error Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms" appear in cmd prompt. But when i ran the tests as testng suite from Eclipse , Firefox browser launches and execute the tests properly. FF browser is giving the Problem when i try to run with mvn compile from command prompt. can you please help me out here what could be the reason for this .Attaching the screenshot of error in command prompt

Responsive image

M
Replied on 14/03/2016

reduce the firefox version.

M
Replied on 15/03/2016

I have already degraded the version to 43.0.4 from 45. Do I need to reduce it further ?

M
Replied on 15/03/2016

do it.

M
Replied on 15/03/2016

After the downgrading the Firefox version to 42.0 , now its running with mvn compile. Thanks