I am getting Null Pointer Exception in Data Driven framework( video no 20) Created exact code as per your course videos. | Selenium Forum
P
Pramesh Kumar Posted on 17/07/2021

Hello Ashish ,

currently i am doing practice with Data driven framework with the help of your videos. i have created the exact code
that u have by myself. i am facing problem while reading data through JSON files. it shows me Null Pointer Exception
and i have tries a lot at my end to solve it but not able to proceed further.

till video 19 everything was working fine and i was able to solve all the problems which i faced during the process.
but when i introduced data reading through JSON file, i got stuck..

when i am running JSONRunner class file , i face the problem and i am not able to figure out where the parameters are
missing.

attached is the whole code ....please help me to solve it, because of it i am not able to proceed further...

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 20/07/2021

Sorry for late reply.

Request you to paste the exception trace as well

P
Pramesh Kumar Replied on 20/07/2021

Hello Ashish,

attached is the screen shot of the error message which i got when i faced the issue.

please take a look. 

Responsive image

P
Pramesh Kumar Replied on 23/07/2021

Hi Ashish,

have you got time to check it ? Please have a look into this issue. 

[I am stuck at this point & without resolving it i can not proceed further for data Driven Framework completion at my end.]

i know that i am doing mistake at some point due to which i am getting null pointer exception but i am not able to fix it after trying a lot. please help. 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 27/07/2021

Debug your program

Put a breakpoint and check values of "parameternames"