UI automator viewer not able to take screenshot and throw error | Appium Forum
S
SHUBHENDU RAMAN BHATNAGAR Posted on 07/05/2020

While taking screenshot of emulator from Ui automator "Error obtaining UI hierarchy Error while obtaining UI hierarchy XML file: com.android.ddmlib.SyncException: Remote object doesn't exist" . My appium server is stopped during this . I have set all my environmental variables path of JAVA and Android till Sdk  and added Path variables of Android till platform tools, tools and bin folder . Please guide in this . 

S
SHUBHENDU RAMAN BHATNAGAR Replied on 08/05/2020

Hi to resolve above issue I search solution online . In CMD i did adb server-kill and adb server-start  after that use adb shell uiautomator dump . I also updated my android Emulator API to older version (Till JellyBean) . I faced issue of  'java.lang.target invocation' in uiautomator viewer when I take screenshot from my emulator . My appium is stopped and I check my environmental variables and they are all correct . Please guide further in priority !

S

Environmental variables path (Screenshot attached)

S

My Path variables 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 08/05/2020

Whattype of app are you trying to automate?

Is it google app?

What type is your phone?

S

It is my Office android app .Currently I have uninstall my Android studio and Android sdk folder contents thinking that my sdk manager would be having some compatibility issue due to which UI Automator viewer is not working well . So i have download android studio and run that . Now I am struck to find android sdk manager . I have download Command line android studio zip file . In that I am not able to run sdk manager .Also in android studio if I am giving android sdk path that was my older one it is saying that is not valid one . So how should I proceed to complete my setup ??

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 11/05/2020

We had a phone call

Hope its ok after that