XSLT Report not generated | Selenium Forum
S
Sanjiv kumar Singh Posted on 14/02/2019

Getting below error on mvn test site 

[WARNING] The POM for org.reportyng:reporty-ng:jar:1.2 is missing, no dependency information available
Downloading from reporty-ng: https://github.com/prashanth-sams/testng-xslt-1.1.2/tree/master/src/main/java/org/testng/xslt/mavenplugin/org/reportyng/reporty-ng/1.2/reporty-ng-1.2.jar
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 11.874 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-02-14T21:40:47+05:30
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) on project learntestng: failed to get report for org.reportyng:reporty-ng: Plugin org.reportyng:reporty-ng:1.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact org.reportyng:reporty-ng:jar:1.2 in reporty-ng (https://github.com/prashanth-sams/testng-xslt-1.1.2/tree/master/src/main/java/org/testng/xslt/mavenplugin) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 15/02/2019

You're missing the reporty-ng:jar file. Please include this as well.

S
Sanjiv kumar Singh Replied on 15/02/2019

Hi, Thanks for the revert.

However, i have used POM.xml and TestNG.xml here, where the jar should be downloaded automatically from the repository i suppose.

Here, the repository is missing and gives a 404 error on accessing the link.

In case i need to use the reporty-ng:jar file, where do i need to place it? in TestNG jar path folder inside project?

S

Also, cant find reporty-ng:jar file online

All results show reportng and not reportyng

Is XSLT reporting generation from Maven possible only using ANT? The process shown in new video tutorial 11 is not working when we use only Maven to generate XSLT Reports.

Please clarify.. Thanks!

I saw in earlier query resolution (answer from ashish-21-Oct-2015) as below:

either you have to use ant with maven to make xslt reports.

or use extent reports.

1.go to this link <http://relevantcodes.com/testng-listener-using-extentreports/>
2. create class "ExtentReporterNG". This is Listener class and put second block code in it from upper link and save it.
3. put ExtentReporterNG this listener in your testneg.xml. change package name with your package name.
<listeners>
<listener class-name="package.ExtentReporterNG" />
</listeners>
4. Add dependency in you POM.xml
<!-- Extent Reports -->
<dependency>
<groupId>com.relevantcodes</groupId>
<artifactId>extentreports</artifactId>
<version>2.04</version>
</dependency>

5. now open cmd prompt and go to your project location and run command "mvn compile" and after it run "mvn package"
6. go in eclipse and refresh your project and run your testng.xml
7. after running refresh your project and check report in test output folder.
8. a folder generate with your class name. check extent.html in it and open this in web browser.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 15/02/2019

Can you tell me the command which you're using to generate XSLT reports?

S

I am using the command - "mvn test site" as explained in video 11

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 20/02/2019

Please export the project in a compressed zip file and share with us.

S
Sanjiv kumar Singh Replied on 13/03/2019

Please find the zip file attached

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 14/03/2019

reporty-ng plugin is retired now, you can use Extent Reports, they are better and easy to manage