What is the use of chromedriverexe file | Selenium Forum
kamal sah Posted on 19/02/2019

In the excersie video of Maven Part-2, 

You are able to run your code without "chromedriver.exe" file,

but Now when i run my Program without mentioning "chromedriver.exe", Getting below error  

The path to the driver executable must be set by the webdriver.chrome.driver system property; for more information, see https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver. The latest version can be downloaded from http://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 20/02/2019

Please watch the video again, we have discussed how to set Enviroment Variables

kamal sah Replied on 21/02/2019

I wached the video but I did not find anything where you have mentioned about chrome.exe

and my Environment variable and M2_REPO variable are set properly

Without writing below code my browser does not open.

System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver","D:\\Training Materials\\Selenium\\chromedriver_win32\\chromedriver.exe");

WebDriver driver=new ChromeDriver();.

I was also trying to attached my project for your reference but unable to do that because I am getting some PHP error

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 22/02/2019

you need to add the path of chromedriver.exe to the "path" variable in environment variables for system.

kamal sah Replied on 28/02/2019

If adding in Path Then It works, but explain my below questions:

1) In your tutorial video , Why such path variable was not set, and how pages were opening without adding it.

2) While executing our program It give below message.

"Please protect ports used by ChromeDriver and related test frameworks to prevent access by malicious code

So here risk factor is more and I'm worried about my system's security from viruses, malware and other threats.,

kamal sah Replied on 28/02/2019

If adding in Path Then It works, but explain my below questions:

1) In your tutorial video , Why such path variable was not set, and how pages were opening without adding it.

2) While executing our program It give below message.

"Please protect ports used by ChromeDriver and related test frameworks to prevent access by malicious code

So here risk factor is more and I'm worried about my system's security from viruses, malware and other threats.,

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 01/03/2019

I had set the path in module 12 itself

Dont worry there will be no malware

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 01/03/2019

I had set the path in module 12 itself

Dont worry there will be no malware

kamal sah Replied on 03/03/2019

Ok thanks