New Project - Framwork Desiging | Selenium Forum
M
Posted on 14/10/2015
Hi Team,

I am trying to build a framework in my project but some how I am unable to build that. Below is the high level requirement of the project.

Project Overview :- If there is any requirement coming in to our project then we need to create an issue management for every requirements suppose the requirement is for 100 person hours. in Issue management there is a web tool where every developer/Tester/Respective Leads Enter their Efforts just like as all of us filling our Time-sheet . there is also a approval hierarchy like if developer has created an issue managements then he will fill his effort into the issue management sheet and rout the next level.below is the approval hierarchy and level .
Developer(Analysis -10 hrs)--> Coding(50 hrs)--> code review by the lead(10 hrs)--> UTC review leads (5hrs)-->STC Preparation (5hrs)--> STC review by leads(5hrs)-->STC Execution(10 hrs) --> Defect fixing stage at developer End (5 hrs)--> closed the issue management.

Problem: Each and every time Dev and testing team spending much time to routing each other.

Idea : Automate the Project(issue management) with the help of selenium so that we can save the Time and cost as well.

Benefit: There are 50+ team member in my project if every one spending 30 mins we can save 150+ hrs in a day. there would be a lot of benefit to the company

What My imagination : Building a bat file and will share to every team member where he/she can execute the bat file and one HTML form will be open where every team member can fill the hours and submit the issue. After submitting to the issue it will route to the next level. where second level can do same task -Execute , fill and submit.

Where I am Facing Issue :

1) Each And every time the person hours will be change
2) It is very difficult to manage the data in xlst file. Some time I thought Should I create a HTML form from there User can enter their records and route to the next level or by XLST file i can do this things.

So I would request to the team assist me on this it would be highly appreciable...............

M
Replied on 17/10/2015

you can create an excel document and share with your team on google drive.

so, if any one changes document everyone can see.