Need help for scrolling in Sales Force Lightning | Selenium Forum
D
Dipika Gupta Posted on 05/10/2019

Hi Ashish, 

I am working on an application related to Sales Force Lightning and no matter what I do, scroll is very important for automating a lot of features. I try : Java Script Executor- scroll into view, Windows.scrollBy, Actions class (focus element)- but none of this works! Can you suggest any other way ?

Regards,

Dipika Gupta 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 09/10/2019

You can make use of the below code.

String elementLocation = (driver.findElement(By.xpath("/html/body/div[7]/a[2]")).getLocation().toString());
JavascriptExecutor js = (JavascriptExecutor) driver;
js.executeScript("window.scrollTo" + elementLocation);

D
Dipika Gupta Replied on 14/10/2019

Hi, 

I tried this it does not work. I tried Coordinates class as well but it fails. Looks like the lightning web components hide the web elements to prevent user interaction.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 15/10/2019

Try using Actions Class or Robots Class. You can automate Page Down Key using one of these classes.

D
Dipika Gupta Replied on 15/10/2019

Hi, I tried even that : Robot class and action (Draggable). A temporary solution of reducing the laptop resolution solved the problem, but this is not correct ideally. If I try to use Dimension class of Selenium then it reduces the size of the window , yet scrolling cannot be avoided. Do you know any code resolution to reduce the size of the webpage to that extent that it is not dependent on scrolls and I can click on any element or enter any text without any ambiguity? SalesForce Lightning does not allow us to perform scrolls and sometimes when we are lucky it does , but I am looking for a work around because we can change salesforce

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 15/10/2019

Before suggesting a solution, we need to analyze the application and the project.

Please share your project here and share your SalesForce Lightning credentials at info@qtpselenium.com mentioning this post's link in the message.

D
Dipika Gupta Replied on 15/10/2019

Hi, 

Unfortunately I cannot share the code. It is confidential. I asked my colleagues too.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 16/10/2019

Without analyzing the code and the application, we won't be able to suggest anything.