Module Path Vs Class Path in eclipse | Selenium Forum
V
Vinay Krishna Posted on 20/02/2019

Hello,

Can you pls help me understand what is the diferences between Module Path and Class Path in eclipse ? 

Issue i observed :

I was trying to launch browser thorugh webdriver, i copied all Selenium jars in module path, but the code was failing with error NoClassDefFound then i cpoied all jars in class path and now i am able to launch the browser.

Can you pls help me understand why this happened ?

Thanks

Vinay

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 20/02/2019

All code that is on the classpath lives together in the "unnamed" module. All code on the modulepath lives in their own "named" modules.

Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50321602/in-eclipse-what-is-the-difference-between-modulepath-and-classpath/50324391

V
Vinay Krishna Replied on 13/03/2019

not sure whether i clearly understand the details mentioned in the stackoverflow. Is it possible o explain with an example ? 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 15/03/2019

A ClassPath is a sequence of classes and packages (or JARs) which are user-defined classes and built-in classes. JVM or Java Compiler requires this to compile the application or classes. A ModulePath is a sequence of Modules (which are provided in a Folder format or JAR format). If a Module is in folder format, that means it is in Module format. If it is in a JAR format, that jar is known as “Modular JAR“.

V
Vinay Krishna Replied on 30/03/2019

Thank you, this can be closed