I see error when running test following instructions from Selenium Grid3 Module 19 part 2 video | Selenium Forum
M
Monal Posted on 27/08/2019

Hello Instructor,

When running test I see this error INFO: Using `new FirefoxOptions()` is preferred to `DesiredCapabilities.firefox()` see attached screen shot

Did Google this issue and I saw https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53770036/new-chromeoptions-is-preferred-to-desiredcapabilities-chrome/54438519

I tried updating code but did not worked, can you please help how to set for chrome and firefox in

openBrowser function

Thanks 

Monal 

M
Monal Replied on 27/08/2019

Hello Instructor,

I have also tried to update code as per Google instruction, but still seeing error, see attached screen shot

Please note my selenium jar version is selenium-server-standalone-3.9.1.jar

So do I need to update my Selenium jar ? Please provide me with steps to make this working

Thanks Monal

Responsive image

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 27/08/2019

Please update, Selenium, Browser and Driver all to the latest version

M
Monal Replied on 29/08/2019

So couple of things I did not had to update to latest version, since I am working on Mac laptop I had to updated the grid.text information to node like so, see attached screen shot

1) I had to get ride of .... chromedriver.ext to chromedriver and remove the quotes 

This updated help for the proram to work as expected in the video 

Responsive image

M

Moreover to get rid of the actual error Using `new FirefoxOptions()` is preferred to `DesiredCapabilities.firefox()`

I had to update the code in BaseTest using ChromeOptions and FireFoxOptions and getting rid of DesiredCapabilities as per https://www.seleniumeasy.com/selenium-tutorials/using-chrome-options-for-webdriver-tests

see attached screen shot

Request: Please update this information in the video Selenium Grid3 Module 19 video, and those students working on MAC please provide information to them regarding on how to create that grid.txt (For MAC) either create a video or some ReadME.txt

We can close this query thanks

Thank you,

Monal 

Responsive image

M

Instructor,

So it seem to me that my program is working, and I could see the browsers open/ starting and ending etc, but I aslo see this message "

INFO: Detected dialect: W3C" see in above screen shot

For which I am not sure ? Not sure how to resolve that INFO Error ?

-Monal 

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 30/08/2019

Info logs are red in color, these are not errors. The error is represented only when there is a complete exception stack trace.

M
Monal Replied on 31/08/2019

Thanks Instructor for clarification. Please close this query.

-Monal