Missing Project Exception after deleting the maven project created from eclipse | Selenium Forum
S
saiteja Posted on 28/06/2021

1. I have created a maven project using the terminal in Ubuntu with the process listed. The project created successfully.

2. Deleted the maven project by right-clicking.

3. And tried to create a new maven project from the terminal by giving the mvn archetype: generate.

4. Then i have observed the following exception in the terminal.

saiteja@ubuntu-Inspiron:~/Downloads/eclipse-java-2019-06-R-linux-gtk-x86_64/eclipse/seleniumworkspace$ mvn archetype: generate
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.277 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-06-28T08:58:30+05:30
[ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (/home/saiteja/Downloads/eclipse-java-2019-06-R-linux-gtk-x86_64/eclipse/seleniumworkspace). Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProjectException

5. Can you please update me on whether the procedure for deleting the project is correct.

Note:

1. When tried to open the above link as there is no pom.xml file I am not able to resolve the issue.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 30/06/2021

Its not able to find pom.xml

Is it present in project?

S
saiteja Replied on 01/07/2021

Actually, I have deleted the first created project (with pom.xml) and tried to create a new maven project is that possible to create a new maven project in the same location?

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 05/07/2021

Yes

Related Posts